[comp.sys.apple] Music Programs

jshaver@APG-5.ARPA (John Shaver, STEEP-TMAC 879-7602) (11/12/86)

A musician friend is thinking of buying an Apple //e for his children
as the Apple is widely used in our local school system.  Are there
music graphics packages for the Apple?  My friend is a composer.  I suspect
that he would like to generate scores directly from the Apple.

Thanks
John

ELORANTA@BRANDEIS.BITNET (11/13/86)

         A apple //e with mockingboard (card) and music construction set
         from Electronic Arts.

         I think that is one possibility....

         Jussi Eloranta.

jshaver@APG-5.ARPA (John Shaver, STEEP-TMAC 879-7602) (11/13/86)

Pardon the general message, but my host can't find eloranta%brandeis.bitnet@sicvm.wisc.edu.

Could you provide more information on the items you mentioned.  Could you
give me an address to write?

Thanks
John

jshaver@APG-5.ARPA (John Shaver, STEEP-TMAC 879-7602) (11/13/86)

I have had a good response to my query.  My musician friend is not really
interested in sound reproduction.  He needs aid in preparing scores for
the music which he arranges or composes.  He plays piano, organ and many
other instruments well.  He is trying to gain some time in the mechanical
preparation of scores.

Thanks again for the many good responses.

John

cc-11@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Augie Kuo) (11/14/86)

In article <8611131626.AA16012@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> jshaver@APG-5.ARPA (John Shaver, STEEP-TMAC 879-7602) writes:
>Could you provide more information on the items you mentioned.  Could you
>give me an address to write?

Music Construction Set, by Electronic Arts, can be found in most software
stores, as well as in mail order catalogs (look in a magazine). The Mocking-
Board however, is rather difficult to find. Although it's a great improvement
to your apple (stereo sound, speech, etc.) its high cost ($179) has limited
its sales so not many retail outlets are willing to carry it.  If you are really
interested in getting one though, I've got a couple. Hope this helps you.

hyman@ICS.UCI.EDU (Glenn Hyman) (11/21/86)

The apple lle has a couple of music programs but your friend might be wiser
to hold out for the llgs not only are there already many music programs
but it will also run all of the lle software the kids would need for school