[comp.sys.apple] //GS RGB

craparotta@tipple.dec.com (Joe Crap) (12/10/86)

Well I finally got around to making up the cable that goes from my VR241 to
the new //GS... Since I don't have my //GS yet (this Week) I tried at my dealer
and it WORKED FINE!!!!! So for anyone out there that has a VR241 or ANALOG RGB
you can save yourself $490....

Enjoy..

/Joe

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (12/11/86)

In article <6847@decwrl.DEC.COM>, craparotta@tipple.dec.com (Joe Crap) writes:

> Well I finally got around to making up the cable that goes from my VR241 to
> the new //GS... Since I don't have my //GS yet (this Week) I tried at my dealer
> and it WORKED FINE!!!!! So for anyone out there that has a VR241 or ANALOG RGB
> you can save yourself $490....

Joe,

I have built a cable for the Sony KV 1311 (I think that is the correct
model number, anyway its the one that has digital and analog RGB, a
TV tuner and speaker).  The Sony pinout in the users manual has several
selects on the cable that are driven by 2.7-5 volts, I presume that
these are TTL levels.  The //gs port has a -5 v pin.  Question: Can
I connect the Sony pins to the -5v or will it require a +5 v line?  If
it requires +5, the //gs port only has +12v so how can I connect it?
Reduce the +12 to + 5v with resistors?  I realize that you may not be
familiar with this type of monitor but I thought that this would be
a good place to pose this question to those who may be able to help.
Thanks.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax