[comp.sys.apple] word processor wanted for the //e

larry@pdn.UUCP (12/09/86)

I'm looking for a good word processor for the //e.  Any opinions out
there?  Something with good multiple column processing.

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (12/11/86)

In article <445@pdn.UUCP>, larry@pdn.UUCP (Larry Swift) writes:
> I'm looking for a good word processor for the //e.  Any opinions out
> there?  Something with good multiple column processing.

Word Perfect is about the best I've seen for the //e (requires 128K but
not the enhanced ROMs), unfortunately they didn't include multi-column
formating in the Apple version (maybe the next release).  You can probably
make it work by setting the margins for a narrow column then adjust each
page's left margin appropriately.  If your printer supports reverse line
feeds you can probably make it print one column, back up and print a second
column.  Word perfect supports macro files, so you can figure this out
once then just run the macro to do it after that.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax