[comp.sys.apple] My 2 cents...

OAF.G.PELLER%OZ.AI.MIT.EDU@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU (Adam Peller) (12/12/86)

Reply to the last 100+ messages:

The magazine debate: I just switched from A+ to Incider... After subscribing
	to A+ for about 2 years, I finally decided that the articles were
	useless, the reviews did not tell me very much about the products,
	and the editors column against piracy made me sick.  I was a Softalk
	subscriber (back in the old days), but in '84 the magazine got thinner
	and thinner until <poof>!  Its a shame... there will never be another
	Softalk.

To the person interested in a //e internal modem: I bought a Prometheus
	Promodem 1200a last month and im very happy with it.  It was
	pretty cheap ($199) yet seems to be 100% compatible with Apple's
	super serial card & hayes smartmodem protocols.

-------

Lastly, a question about appleworks: Whenever I print to my Epson MX-80,
	I get inverse+mousetext garbage at the top of my screen.  Is this
	normal? Do I have a bad copy of Appleworks?

-- Adam Peller --
ADAMP@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU (arpa)
-------