[comp.sys.apple] APL for Apple ?

SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.ARPA (12/01/86)

From:    <SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.Arpa>   (Richard C. Secrist)
Date:    Mon,  1-DEC-1986 08:19 EST
To:      INFO-APPLE@BRL.ARPA

Has anybody seen/used/owned a version of APL for the Apple ?

Richard
SECRIST%OAK.SAInet.MFEnet@LLL-MFE.Arpa

cwruacm@cwruecmp.UUCP (12/13/86)

In article <8612010822.aa22130@VGR.BRL.ARPA> SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.ARPA writes:
>From:    <SECRIST%OAK.SAINET.MFENET@LLL-MFE.Arpa>   (Richard C. Secrist)
>Date:    Mon,  1-DEC-1986 08:19 EST
>To:      INFO-APPLE@BRL.ARPA
>
>Has anybody seen/used/owned a version of APL for the Apple ?
>
>Richard
>SECRIST%OAK.SAInet.MFEnet@LLL-MFE.Arpa

.....this is for you, line-eater!....

Yes.  A long time ago (in a galaxay far, far away), I received a brochure
from a company called Vangard Systems.  It described a version of APL
for the Apple.  I was very excited until I saw the price ($300+, if
memory serves).  It did look like a very good implementation, tho.  It
had all the APL stuff you'd expect, plus Apple-specific extensions,
a graphics interface, a new character generator chip, etc.  If you do
secure a version of APL for the Apple, I'd be interested in hearing
your opinions of it.  Thanks.

				hope this helps,

				Rich Raffals