[net.movies] Tony banks

dand@tekigm.UUCP (05/03/84)

(I'll bet there are seven responses just like this one on the net already)

Tony Banks is the keyboard player for the group Genesis (Phil Collins and
Micheal Rutherford are the other two members, with former members Stev
(ouch, read that Steve) Hackett and Peter Gabriel).

Before I make this next statement, I want to qualify myself a little: I have
been a Genesis fan since their FIRST album, 'Genesis to Revelation', so I am
not whizzing on Tony Banks because I don't like the group, BUT

I don't think Tony Banks is in the same class of performer/composer as, say
Emerson or Wakeman on the keyboards, but I do not expect a poor job on the
score, either.

I am rather surprised that someone chose Tony Banks for 2010 music, especially
since the classical music had gone over so well in 2001.

Dan C Duval
ISI Engineering
Tektronix, Inc

tektronix!tekigm!dand

robins@koala.DEC (Scott Robins DTN 381-2785) (05/03/84)

Played bass (i think) for Genesis

sar

Thu 3-May-1984 09:20 Spit Brook Time (ZK2/1 N87)

dyer@vaxuum.DEC (Example #22) (05/03/84)

Tony Banks_____________________________________________________________________
	Tony Banks is, or at least was, the keyboard player for Genesis.  He's
released at least one solo album, and it was very good.
		<_Jym_>
| Jym Dyer | Nashua, NH | ...{allegra,decvax,ucbvax}!decwrl!rhea!vaxuum!dyer |

pilgrim@thrint.DEC (Alf Pilgrim, UOSE, REO G5-6, x3451) (05/04/84)

>Newsgroups: net.movies
>Subject: Tony Banks

>Played bass (i think) for Genesis

>sar

Actually he plays (note present tense) keyboards for Genesis. Dare
say he can turn his hand to various other instruments too.

		alf (...!decwrl::rhea::thrint::pilgrim)