[comp.sys.apple] Unpacking DCOM...

SJDMK@UNO.BITNET (01/03/87)

Has anyone unpacked DCOM? I'm having trouble.

With the first file I get a whole lot of "*"s and then a "]" and
it tells me "syntax error".

With the second, I get a "syntax error" real quick.

With the third, I get a whole lot of "]" and then a "syntax error".

Mention is made of using AEPro to set the eighth bit but I can't
figure out how. I downloaded it using Access and got rid of the
headers with Appleworks and printed it to a text file on disk.

I then tried loading the file into AEPro's editor and then writing
it to the disk (the first was too large but the second two went
OK) but it still gave me errors.

How did ya'll do it? I'm using a //c with ProDOS. Any ideas? PLEASE!!!

                            Steve

Steven J. Dawson

Bitnet: SJDMK@UNO.BITNET

9951 East Rockton Circle
New Orleans, LA 70127

(504) 241-2244

ilacqua@bucsb.bu.edu.UUCP (Spike) (01/04/87)

In article <8701030117.aa16198@SPARK.BRL.ARPA> SJDMK@UNO.BITNET writes:
>Has anyone unpacked DCOM? I'm having trouble.
>
>With the first file I get a whole lot of "*"s and then a "]" and
>it tells me "syntax error".
>
>With the second, I get a "syntax error" real quick.
>
>With the third, I get a whole lot of "]" and then a "syntax error".
>

>How did ya'll do it? I'm using a //c with ProDOS. Any ideas? PLEASE!!!
                                           ^^^^^^ <==Wrong

	You *have* to use DOS 3.3 to unpack it (there are NOMONs in
the shar) and and as far as I know the program only runs under 3.3. I
unpacked and am using it now.

	Note: If the high bit is a problem down load the files to
PRODOS then convert them to DOS 3.3. The convertion program will take
care of the high bit.

>Steven J. Dawson
|     "Summer blonds, revealing tan lines, I'll make more moves than |
|  Allied van lines"                                                 |
|UUCP:	...!harvard!bu-cs!bucsb!ilacqua                              |
|ARPANET: ilacqua@bucsb.bu.edu                                       |
|CSNET: ilacqua%bucsb@bu-cs      BITNET: engemnc@bostonu             |