Date: Mon 5 Jan 87 01:37:24-PST
From: Mark Crispin <Crispin@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU>
Subject: Re: [The Mailer Daemon: Message of 4-Jan-87 01:46:17]
To: wmapple@BRL.ARPA
cc: Sweer@SUMEX-AIM.STANFORD.EDU

Hi -

     Yes, INCOMING-INFO-APPLE is no longer recognized by PANDA.  I would
have sent you a message, but I didn't have a pointer to the correct -REQUEST
host.  The situation is that PANDA was only acting as a relay for the Santa
Clara University DEC-20 for INFO-APPLE mail; no PANDA users and no other hosts
on "PANDAnet" were subscribing to INFO-APPLE.  The SCU DEC-20 became history
as of a week ago, and so the entire mailbox was flushed rather than tie up
PANDA's 1200 baud mail link receiving mail that only would go into a black hole.

     Sorry for the problems and thanks for your efforts.

-- Mark --
----- End of forwarded messages