[comp.sys.apple] WordPerfect 1.1 GS

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (01/07/87)

Anyone have any experience with this?  How close is it to the IBM
version?  Does it use the mouse (the IBM doesn't)?

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (01/07/87)

In article <870107053955.562164@DOCKMASTER.ARPA>, TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA writes:
> Anyone have any experience with this?  How close is it to the IBM
> version?  Does it use the mouse (the IBM doesn't)?

Yes, WordPerfect for the Apple is almost identical to the IBM version.
I have transferred files from the Apple to the IBM with Xmodem and they
load into the PC version of WordPerfect without a hitch, including bold-
face, underlining and all of those other formatting commands.

Wordperfect is also the best word processor I've seen for the Apple.  It
does just about everything.  The only IBM features it doesn't have are
the Thesaurus and multiple column editing.  It has a built-in spell
checker that is very nice.  The //gs version uses a larger spell checker.
I'm not sure if you have to get a newer version of the Spell checker
for the //gs or if it comes on the WordPerfect 1.1 disks.  If you have
Applied Engineering, Apple or Checkmate ram disks, WordPerfect has
Macros that will load the Spell checker and the Work files into them
automatically (once you set them up).

Word Perfect retails for $179, but you can get it mail order for $85.00
from Programs Plus or, if you are faculty or staff at an educational
institution, you can get it from Chambers International for $59.
Employees of Apple, IBM and AT&T can also get this discount from
Chambers.  Their number is (305) 997-9444, call for an order form.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax