[comp.sys.apple] Pascal files needed

CDTAXW@IRISHMVS.BITNET (01/22/87)

Can anyone tell me where I can get the following Pascal files:
 - SYSTEM.ATTACH
 - ATTACH.DATA.
 I am trying to build a UCSD Pascal Kermit for someone who knows
nothing but the UCSD system (but doesn't have the files I need),
but I can't continue without these files.  Or even better, could
someone send me the Pascal (from the Netherlands) version already
built on diskette.  I'd be glad to supply a version of Kermit
for either DOS 3.3, ProDOS or another computer for the trouble.
Thanks,
Mark

cdaf@iuvax.UUCP (01/23/87)

In article <8701220214.aa06203@SPARK.BRL.ARPA> CDTAXW@IRISHMVS.BITNET writes:
>Can anyone tell me where I can get the following Pascal files:
> - SYSTEM.ATTACH
> - ATTACH.DATA.
> I am trying to build a UCSD Pascal Kermit for someone who knows
>nothing but the UCSD system (but doesn't have the files I need),
>but I can't continue without these files.  Or even better, could
>someone send me the Pascal (from the Netherlands) version already
>built on diskette.  I'd be glad to supply a version of Kermit
>for either DOS 3.3, ProDOS or another computer for the trouble.
>Thanks,
>Mark

It's been a while, but here goes:

SYSTEM.ATTACH seems to do the same type of thing as SYSTEM.STARTUP.  Upon
booting, the file SYSTEM.APPLE (or is it .PASCAL?) looks for first
SYSTEM.ATTACH, if found executes it, and then, whether or not it found
SYSTEM.ATTACH, it will look for and execute SYSTEM.STARTUP.  SYSTEM.ATTACH
seems to be the place to put some form of pre-boot program. (at least that's
the way I had used it).

-charles
--
All that we may see or seem      | Snail : Box 1662 Bloomington, In. 47402-1662
Is but a dream within a dream    | ATT   : (812) 339-7354