[comp.sys.apple] Quadram Parallel Card

shell@NADC.ARPA.UUCP (01/27/87)

    I have a Franklin 1200 (Apple ][+ clone) with a Quadram parallel
infertace card plugged into a Quadram Quadjet printer.  If I do a PR#1
(the card is in slot 1) I get about 50 lines of a strange character
accross the paper.  This only happens the first time I PR#1 after a
power up.  It doesn't happer after a reset.  It also does not happen
with various software products.  When I print a Sargon screen, it does
not happen.  Also, Pascal does not cause the problem.  However, there
is other software which does cause it to print the junk.

    I think it might be caused by a print buffer somewhere that is not
cleared after power up.  Some software may cause it to be cleared, but
DOS does not clear it with a PR#1.  By the way, it doesn't matter what
slot it is in.

    Has anyone else had the problem?  Better yet, does anyone have any
other ideas on what it may be, and how to fix it?

    Thanks in advance

	Steve Shelikoff

	(arpa = shell@nadc)

schumann@puff.UUCP (01/30/87)

In article <8701291204.AA10659@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, shell@NADC.ARPA writes:
>     I have a Franklin 1200 (Apple ][+ clone) with a Quadram parallel
> infertace card plugged into a Quadram Quadjet printer.  If I do a PR#1
> (the card is in slot 1) I get about 50 lines of a strange character
> accross the paper.  This only happens the first time I PR#1 after a
> power up.
> 	Steve Shelikoff
> 	(arpa = shell@nadc)
I had a similar problem.  It went away if I went PR#1 fisrt,
and then turned the printer on, then as long as I don't turn off my
Apple, or press OA-ctrl-reset, it works fine.
Chris Schumann		schumann@puff.wisc.edu