[comp.sys.apple] 1200 baud

schumann@puff.UUCP (01/31/87)

I read the article a few back, and checked....  And I have a real old //c
(serial D480UCX) with a 74LS161 at location C7,  so what can I do about it?

My Apple-care has long expired.

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks
Chris Schumann		schumann@puff.wisc.edu

kamath@reed.UUCP (02/02/87)

In article <445@puff.WISC.EDU> schumann@puff.WISC.EDU (Christopher Schumann) writes:
>I read the article a few back, and checked....  And I have a real old //c
>(serial D480UCX) with a 74LS161 at location C7,  so what can I do about it?
>
>My Apple-care has long expired.
>Chris Schumann		schumann@puff.wisc.edu

Well, like I said, the repair is treated like a warrenty transaction,
despite when you get it done or when you  bought it.  Take it to the
dealer with the proof of purchase of a non-apple 1200 baud modem, and
they should do it for free.  It's maked as ODL299 on the OTHER line in
the warrenty section on the SRO's apple uses.  So, everyone out there,
listen up! Do it now!  If your dealer is nice, you can call him, ask him
if he is aware of this problem (if not, he can look it up in the service
manuals.  they're all listed in the end of the price list as "product
notices".), and if he really wants to see your proof of purchase.  If
he doesn't, get it done.

Sean Kamath

kamath@reed.UUCP