[comp.sys.apple] C for the Apple IIe

thj@psuvm.bitnet.UUCP (02/10/87)

Does anybody have any information or recomendations for a good C
compilier that may be comporable to Lightspeed C or Aztec C ??
                   ===============================

William J. Sproule
Microcomputer Systems Consultant
Microcomputer Information and Support Center  (MISC)
The Pennsylvania State University
101 Computation Center      =====================================
University Park, PA 16802   |bitnet:   thj@psuvm
(814) 863-4356              |arpa: thj%psuvm.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
                            |uucp: ...!ihnp4!psuvax1!psuvm.BITNET!thj
                            |AppleLink: U0399   (Sproule1)

Disclaimer: My views have nothing to do with MISC or Penn State Univ.,
            even though PSU is the 1986 National Football Champion.

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (02/13/87)

In article <10217THJ@PSUVM>, THJ@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
> Does anybody have any information or recomendations for a good C
> compilier that may be comporable to Lightspeed C or Aztec C ??
>                    ===============================
Aztec C is available for the Apple // in several configurations in
several price ranges.  There is a low cost C compiler advertised in
Call APPLE, I don't know the company name right offhand, though.  Aztec
C on the Apple is about the same as the IBM version.  You don't get Lint
or Make with the Apple version but the source code is completely compatible.
This is nice when developing for several different systems.  There is
a library of Apple specific functions that are not portable however.
If you want portable code, avoid using them or be prepared to rewrite
when you do the port.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax