[comp.sys.apple] PRODOS BYE command

crisbh@HLERUL2.BITNET.UUCP (02/23/87)

Can anyone tell me the secrets of the PRODOS/BASIC b BYE command
all I get is ?SYNTAX ERROR.

Vriendelijke groeten / regards.
Bram Hartlief (nodeadministrator @ HLERUL2)
University of Leiden - The Netherlands (Holland)

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (02/24/87)

To use the Prodos BYE command you need version 1.1 of Basic System.
This qwaswas released with version 1.1.1 of Prodos, so you will probably
need at least that version of Prodos, or later versions, for it to
work properly.   You can type the BYE command from the keyboard or in-
clude it in your programs like any other Prodos command.  If you have
Mouse Desk, Catalyst or the Prodos 8 desktop installed on the system
the BYE command will return to that rather that prompting you for the
name of the next application.  Those programs modify the quit code in
Prodos.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax

schumann@puff.UUCP (02/24/87)

In article <8702231305.aa00194@SPARK.BRL.ARPA>, crisbh@HLERUL2.BITNET writes:
> Can anyone tell me the secrets of the PRODOS/BASIC b BYE command
> all I get is ?SYNTAX ERROR.

You must be running BASIC.SYSTEM 1.1.  The command puts you into the ProDOS
quit command.  It asks for another SYS file to run.

Chris Schumann                              schumann@puff.wisc.edu