[comp.sys.apple] Apple proto- cards.

CYerkes@UMASS.BITNET.UUCP (02/26/87)

  Having gotten a number of responses to my last request (proto cards for
reasonable (< $20.00), I thought I'd relay them.  Many people want cheap
proto cards. Since I can go to Radio Shack (yuch!) and buy standard 22/44
pin cards for about $5.00, it's absurd to pay $20+ for them.  Where is the
hobbyist support.  Manufacturers: Here is a market! Sell them. Please.

   Basicly, noone knows where to get them, but everyone wants them.
            -Chuck

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (02/27/87)

In article <8702260854.aa11330@SPARK.BRL.ARPA> CYerkes@UMASS.BITNET (Chuck Yerkes / Hampshire College) writes:

>  Having gotten a number of responses to my last request (proto cards for
>reasonable (< $20.00), I thought I'd relay them.  Many people want cheap
>proto cards. Since I can go to Radio Shack (yuch!) and buy standard 22/44
>pin cards for about $5.00, it's absurd to pay $20+ for them.  Where is the
>hobbyist support.  Manufacturers: Here is a market! Sell them. Please.
>
>   Basicly, noone knows where to get them, but everyone wants them.
>            -Chuck

The Really Annoying thing about this all is that Radio Schlock used to
sell a 25/50 pin card on the right centers for Apple ]['s, shaped (albeit
the wrong form factor) and priced like the 22/44 card, but discontinued
them about 4 years ago.  If you can find them, Bishop Graphics sold a
properly shaped blue-fiberglass perfboard, as well as fiberglass-backed
adhesive traces for the connector edge itself, but getting them properly
centered the first time was a pain.  I seem to dimly remember the card
and connects going for around $17.

-dave
--
David "bd" Hsu	hsu@eneevax.umd.edu <or> seismo!mimsy!eneevax!hsu
EE Computer Facility, Maryversity of Uniland, College Park, MD 20742