[comp.sys.apple] Help- Need Prodos Comm Program With Emulation

bobs@pogo.UUCP (03/05/87)

I need some help finding a communications program running under Prodos
with terminal emulation.  (I want to use emacs on a Unix BSD 4.3
system.)

I own an Apple //e, SSC and MultiTech modem. I'm interested in both
public domain and commercially available programs, but need the
emulation to be dependable.

Please e-mail responses directly to me.  Thanks in advance!

god3@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Peter Godwin) (03/05/87)

In article <3171@pogo.TEK.COM>, bobs@pogo.TEK.COM (Bob Saunders) writes:
> I need some help finding a communications program running under Prodos
> with terminal emulation.  (I want to use emacs on a Unix BSD 4.3
> system.)
The following information comes from A+ Magazine, April 1987 issue.

PRODOS based software with VT-100 emulation:

ASCII EXPRESS ProDOS VER. 4.3
COMMWORKS V1.3
EASY COM/EASY GO V4.04
MOUSETALK V1.2
POINT TO POINT V2
TALK BACK V1.2

Softerm 2, V2.01 though run under DOS 3.3, can send files under three
operating system, including CP/M even if the computer you have doesn't
have a CP/M card.  Softerm 2 is THE program for terminal emulation.
It emulates VT-100, DEC VT-52, and others, supporting all special keys
since it includes a three key keypad that attaches to the game input port
on //c, //e, and //GS's or a slot in ][+'s.

DOS 3.3, CP/M, and PASCAL are the 3 systems it supports, but if you
do need to send PRODOS files they can be converted to DOS 3.3 then sent.

ASCII EXPRESS is an excellent software package and operates wonderfully.
I have not used the ProDOS version however.

If you would like the Publisher and their phone # and address, just
send me e-mail or if you have any other questions about any of the above
software packages lemme know.

The are other software packages under DOS 3.3 which are excellent besides
Softerm 2 so if you have questions on other op. systems just ask.

Peter Godwin                   |      ...ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!god3
Univ. of Chicago Comp Ctr      |      x9.xpg@uchicago
5824 S. Kimbark Ave, #2419     |      god3%sphinx@uchicago
Chicago, IL 60637              |      Phone #: 312-288-1816

--
Peter Godwin                   |      ...ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!god3
Univ. of Chicago Comp Ctr      |      x9.xpg@uchicago
5824 S. Kimbark Ave, #2419     |      god3%sphinx@uchicago
Chicago, IL 60637              |      Phone #: 312-288-1816

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (03/06/87)

Just a note: the newest version of Softerm 2 will send and receive
Prodos disk files, although it still runs under Dos 3.3.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax