[comp.sys.apple] Paintworks +/GS Question

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (03/23/87)

Has anyone else had problems with this program suddenly freezing up?
(V1.0, cpyrt 1986) It goes along fine and then all of sudden (not clear
if its reproducible) the only thing you can do is move the cursor around
but you can't get it to do anything.  (although we haven't experimented
enough to know exactly under what conditions it happens, it seems to be
when using the lasso, but not always.)

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (03/26/87)

I've had the same problem with paintworks freezing up.  It seems to be
either when I print or when I try to change fonts.  I understand that
Activision has some fixes in the works.  The problem is (according to
Activision) not in their software but in the printer drivers and Tool-
box routines from Apple, which are still slightly buggy.  I'm not sure
if the fix will involve putting new tollbox routines in the proper
subdirectories or if it will require a new version of the program.  Call
Activision for more info.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax

duran@unsvax.UUCP (03/30/87)

In article <870323015840.453863@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA writes:
>Has anyone else had problems with this program suddenly freezing up?
>(V1.0, cpyrt 1986) It goes along fine and then all of sudden (not clear
>if its reproducible) the only thing you can do is move the cursor around
>but you can't get it to do anything.  (although we haven't experimented
>enough to know exactly under what conditions it happens, it seems to be
>when using the lasso, but not always.)

Yes!  I bought the program two days ago and had that problem almost
immediately.  I can reproduce the problem by repeatedly using the lasso.
I was just about to call the dealer where I bought it, but decided to
check the net first (good timing for your article).

If I find out more, I'll post the info.

  Chivalry is not dead, it's just harder to find a damsel in distress.

Robert Duran                                          Las Vegas, Nevada
duran@unsvax