[comp.sys.apple] Apple BBS Network: Beta Testers Wanted

friedman@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Gadi ) (04/13/87)

> The as yet unnamed software (ABN, for convenience) will allow Apple //s to
> act as standard BBSes and as members of a network of similar systems to
> facilitate automatic, unattended, nightly transfer of user files and messages,
> similar to the Fido network.  It will run on all ProDOS 8 systems with
> a ProDOS-compatible clock/calendar (for network support), 80-column card
> (//e standard), dedicated telephone line, and some form of mass storage.

Too bad you guys don't coordinate your work with the author
of CMS - Computer Mail System.  This is an existing BBS system
for Apple Prodos that has all the features you advertise and more.
It has also been around for over a year, and has undergone extensive
testing.  There are also over 50 sites from coast to coast some of
which pass mail over PC-Pursuit.  In the least, it might be good
if the mail passing format is compatible so the systems can talk
with each other.  CMS used to be shareware, though I think it now
costs a nominal $35.
Some interesting features.

- linked Boards.  Messages posted to a sig on one system
                  gets forwarded to the same sig on other systems.
- Forwarding mail You can forward a message to other users after
                  reading it.
- Attached files. You can attach files (uploaded using xmodem)
	          to a mail message and it will follow the message
                  to the destination system.
- return receipt  A message is sent to the sender of a message
                  after the message is read.
- mailing lists   A message can be sent to a list which forwards
                  it to users on the list.

                                       -Gadi (Ex. Sysop Rutgers CMS)
--
ARPA:                        friedman@topaz.rutgers.edu
UUCP:  {harvard, seismo, ut-sally, sri-iu, ihnp4!packard}!rutgers!topaz!friedman