[comp.sys.apple] Appleworks / system clock / extended ram

SAW4332@RITVAX.BITNET.UUCP (04/15/87)

RE: Appleworks ... Autoworks ... Pinpoint ..

Kyle - and anyone else,

        Appleworks 2.0 does not read the GS time clock unless you load into
the ramdrive (don't ask me why).  If you are accessing Appleworks from the
IIgs System disk, you will never get the full desktop.  You have to boot
Appleworks seporately, then.
        Appleworks of previous versions will not allow you access to any
of the GS special enhancements (ramdrive, extra memory, clock, etc.)  You
need Version 2.0 (or higher if there is such an animal).

                Hope that helps,

                                Stefan

BHUBER@USC-ECL.ARPA.UUCP (04/15/87)

I don't agree with your response re Appleworks 2.0 and the GS clock.  I run
plain vanilla 2.0 off the hard disk all the time and the clock works great
and I have an expanded desktop automatically (about 1.5M).

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.arpa.UUCP (04/15/87)

To get Appleworks to recognize the GS clock you have to use a newer
version of ProDos than comes with Appleworks; take P8 off the GS system
disk.

mbrookov@udenva.UUCP (04/16/87)

In article <8704142141.aa06728@SPARK.BRL.ARPA> SAW4332@RITVAX.BITNET writes:

>        Appleworks 2.0 does not read the GS time clock unless you load into
>the ramdrive (don't ask me why).  If you are accessing Appleworks from the
>IIgs System disk, you will never get the full desktop.  You have to boot
>Appleworks seporately, then.

  Most AppleWorks come with prodos 1.1.1, which does not recongize the
//GS system clock. Try putting Prodos 8 1.2 on the AppleWorks disk, and
then booting the AppleWorks directly.  It should read the clock because
Appleworks lets Prodos read the clock. Prodos 8 does recognize the //GS
clock.

>        Appleworks of previous versions will not allow you access to any
>of the GS special enhancements (ramdrive, extra memory, clock, etc.)  You
>need Version 2.0 (or higher if there is such an animal).
  Yes, there is a version 2.0 ov AppleWorks, see a dealer, I think they
want $50 to update your AppleWorks.

                                        Matt Brookover