[comp.sys.apple] PRODOS updates

jshaver@APG-5.ARPA (John Science Fiction & Resume Service Shaver) (04/24/87)

I recently acquired a copy of P8 from a iigs owner.  I have experimented with
it by renaming it and using it to replace the existing PRODOS 1.1.1 which I
have from my dealer as a result of enhancing my //e.  Does someone have a
buglist or some beware comments?

Thanks
JOhn

TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (04/25/87)

I note that the version of P8 that came with my GS is 1.2; the version
that came with the WordPerfect is 1.3 -- just to confuse jshaver's
request for a buglist.  Which is the version that trashes track 0?

In article <870425040705.018259@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> TMPLee@DOCKMASTER.ARPA writes:
>I note that the version of P8 that came with my GS is 1.2; the version
>that came with the WordPerfect is 1.3 -- just to confuse jshaver's
>request for a buglist.  Which is the version that trashes track 0?

ProDOS 1.1.1 and ProDOS-8 1.2 both have the track-0 bug.  It is supposed
to be fixed in ProDOS-8 1.3, but that release (a) uses a BRA which must
be changed to a BEQ for Apple IIs having the 6502 rather than a 65C02 or
65C816; (b) enables interrupts but seems not to handle them right; (c) is
reported to turn on irrelevant disk drive motors much more often than
previous releases; (d) is rumored to have been withdrawn by Apple.  On
the other hand, I'm still using ProDOS-8 1.3 on my IIGS ProFile and it
hasn't bit me yet (knock on wood).

Track-0 bug fixes can be found in recent issues of Open-Apple.

Here's a question for the group:  When I return from an interrupt to the
Control Panel (via Control-Option-ESC or whatever), my super-res desktop
or program selector looks horrible, as though it had reverted to double-
res or something.  What's going on and what can be done about it?