[comp.sys.apple] Apple-Kermit 3.75 SSC-driver

WRAGE@DHVMHH1.BITNET (04/29/87)

Date: 28 April 1987, 17:55:45 MEZ
From: Jan-Hinrich Wrage         +49 (0)511 511592    WRAGE    at DHVMHH1
To:   INFO-APPLE at BRL

After my KERMIT-SSC-Msg i got the following from Ted:

>From: Ted Medin <MEDIN-T@SHARK.NOSC.MIL>
> If you look at the code you   will
>see a test is made to see if its running on an enhanced //e or //c
>if so then 65c02 instructions are used else 6502. That is the only
>place i made use of the 65c02 instructions.

I checked this and - of course - Ted is right|
The only thing you have to do - if you want to assemble the SSC-driver with
MERLIN - is to use the ".byte" = "HEX" Opcode in Merlin, if your Merlin
doesn't accept 65c02 opcodes.

So - sorry Ted and the whole INFO-APPLE-World for this wrong alarm.
 Jan

P.S.: I hate people sending mail before having understood what they are
      talking about --- like me :-)

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (04/30/87)

Does anybody have a working Apple //gs serial port driver for the //gs?
If so can you send a copy or explain the format of the drivers so I can write one?
I'm using a borrowed SSC in the //gs now but I'll have to return it soon.
I also have a CCS 7710 card but no manual and the driver I have doesn't
work with the current setup.  Do I need to configure the baud switches on
the CCS 7710? or can Kermit do that.  If I need to set the switches, can
anybody tell me what the switch settings are on the 7710 for various baud
rates?

Thanks for the help,

PS does the 7710 work in the //gs?

Thanks,