[comp.sys.apple] Booting from memory expansion

J1O@PSUVM.BITNET (05/03/87)

Does anyone out there have any experience cold-starting from a battery-
backed up ram card?
-------
| -- Jim Owens    (814)-898-6250                                        |
|                 {akgua,allegra,ihnp4,cbosgd}!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!j1o |
|                 j1o@psuvm  (bitnet)                                   |
|                 j1o@psuerie(bitnet)                                   |
|   I am lying.                                                         |

lc@pbhyd.UUCP (05/05/87)

In article <13536J1O@PSUVM> J1O@PSUVM.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone out there have any experience cold-starting from a battery-
>backed up ram card?

I have a friend who has the Applied Engineering Ramfactor with battery
backup, which I have seen it in use many times.  The cold boot feature is
great!  Your favorite application on the screen almost instantly.  Works
just like a small hard drive but faster.  It supports several operating
systems through an optional partitioning system, but it really shines
with ProDOS (naturally).

---
Larry Colton                      {ihnp4,pyramid,qantel}!ptsfa!pbhyd!lc
Pacific * Bell

mkao@pnet01.CTS.COM (Mike Kao) (05/06/87)

Yes. I own a Ramfactor, backed-up by a RamCharger. What would you like to know
about cold-starting directly from RAM? I do it all the time--from both DOS and
ProDOS.

To insure my reception of any replies to any of my posts, please reply via mail instead of replying through the board.

|       Mike "The Metalhead" Kao:                                            |
|       UUCP: {akgua,hp-sdd!hlpabs,sdcsvax,nosc}!crash!pnet01!mkao           |
|       ARPA: crash!pnet01!mkao@nosc.arpa                                    |
|       INET: mkao@pnet01.CTS.COM                                            |