[comp.sys.apple] ProDOS 8 vs 16

rupp@cod.UUCP (05/13/87)

Is there any change in the descriptive entry for files and
subdirectories in ProDOS/16 as opposed to ProDOS/8?  For instance,
in ProDOS/8, each descriptive entry is 39 bytes long (if I am not
mistaken).  Is the length or organization of these entries different
in ProDOS/16?  For that matter, are there any other changes in the
file and directory specifications in the 16-bit system?

Thanks for any information on this that you may be able to supply.

Bill
rupp@nosc.mil

(I post only my own thoughts and questions, which do not reflect
the views, necessarily, of my employer, C.S.C.)

In article <663@cod.UUCP> rupp@cod.UUCP (William L. Rupp) writes:
>Is there any change in the descriptive entry for files and
>subdirectories in ProDOS/16 as opposed to ProDOS/8?

I don't understand your terminology.  In any case,
ProDOS-8 and ProDOS-16 use exactly the same file system.
Indeed, which ProDOS is run on an Apple IIGS normally
depends entirely on which one the application requires.
I have a nice mixture on my hard disk.