[comp.sys.apple] Disk II -> Unidisk 5.25

sipples@husc4.HARVARD.EDU (timothy sipples) (05/11/87)

I have a Unidisk 5.25 connected to my //e.  Does anyone know if I can connect
a Disk II (or compatible device) to the port on the back of the Unidisk?  That
port is normally used for a second Unidisk 5.25.  Do the adapters, advertised
in many Apple magazines, enable such use of a Disk II?  Is this port compa-
tible with the //c drive ports?

Thanks.

sipples@harvunxu.bitnet
sipples@husc4.uucp
sipples@husc4.harvard.edu
...seismo!harvard!husc4!sipples

cssu@cdfb.utoronto.UUCP (05/16/87)

> From: timothy sipples <sipples@husc4.harvard.edu>
>
> I have a Unidisk 5.25 connected to my //e.  Does anyone know if I can connect
> a Disk II (or compatible device) to the port on the back of the Unidisk?  That
> port is normally used for a second Unidisk 5.25.  Do the adapters, advertised
> in many Apple magazines, enable such use of a Disk II?  Is this port compa-
> tible with the //c drive ports?

From what I know, the Unidisk 5.25 and the disk ][ operate the same way, and
the only difference is the connectors.  I haven't read many magazines
lately, so I can't say how valid the adapters are, but I know that it is
POSSIBLE.  I have converted a disk ][ for use with a //c by changing the
cable on the disk drive.  I posted the pin to pin connections a few months
ago, but there was a bit of a question to the accuracy of it.  Someone else
posted a different pin to pin connection...  So, I won't post it this time.
But if you are interested, I can mail you both, and use your discretion as
to which one you use... :-)

--Tak

UUCP:     {utzoo, decvax, ihnp4, cbosgd, utcsri, mnetor}!utgpu!cdfb!cssu
ARPAnet:  cssu%cdfb.toronto.edu@relay.cs.net
CSnet:    cssu%cdfb.toronto.edu
BITNET:   cssu@cdfb.UTORONTO
==  University of Toronto -- Toronto, Canada  ==