[comp.sys.apple] gs upgrade?

OAF.G.PELLER@OZ.AI.MIT.EDU (Adam Peller) (05/20/87)

I have been considering upgrading my //e to a //gs via the upgrade kit.
Originally, I hoped to buy the kit and install it myself (you're not
supposed to, but...) this might have saved me some $$$.

Anyways, a friend told me that the //e power supply was insufficient
and that would also need to be replaced.

In the Globe, I saw an ad for the computer factory that advertised a
//gs cpu + keybd for $795.  The way I figure, this is about $300 more
than the upgrade kit (a monitor and 3.5 drive excluded, this cost
must be added in both cases).  I think I could easily get $300 for my //e,

Wouldn't this option be much easier? Am I missing something?

Adam Peller
ADAMP%OZ@MC.MIT.LCS.EDU (Arpa)
-------