[comp.sys.apple] About Printing Catalogs

myerst%si03.DECnet@ESDVAX.ARPA.UUCP (05/27/87)

                   I N T E R O F F I C E   M E M O R A N D U M

                                        Date:      26-May-1987 16:20
                                        From:      Terry L Myers
                                        Username:  MYERST
                                        Dept:      SCOP
                                        Tel No:    617 377-5554 (AV478)

TO:  _MAILER!                             ( _DDN[INFO-APPLE@BRL.ARPA] )

Subject: About Printing Catalogs

Re:
	Date:     Mon, 25 May 87  16:07 EST
	From:     SEWALL%UCONNVM.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.EDU
	Subject:  ProDOS Catalog into memory

>Note: I encrypted the program with the EXECUTIONER because several of
>the lines run longer than 80 columns (some of the Applesoft that's been
>sent on the net lately had wrapped lines which didn't EXEC well).  Trust
>me; if you EXEC this file under BASIC.SYSTEM, you'll get a BAS program
>named FULLCAT.

	Please pardon what may sound like a nitpick, but could you send it
out one more time, only clear this time?  Some of us unfortunates don't
have modems with our Apples, and I can't think of a way to load it without
typing it in.  (My terminal at work is a Zenith Z-100.  It does have a 5.25
drive, but it's double-sided and not Apple-compatible.)
	Sure would appreciate not having to type it the way you sent it
before.

	As long as I'm already typing, I may as well fan the fire, too.  To
those who say "Death to Ada!", please consider the alternative.  Ada is
killing JOVIAL.  I don't know if the rumor that it didn't have any I/O is
true, but it did seem to be limited to defense contractors only.  (Does
that make it worse than GOTRAN?)  Nuff sed.

				Terry Myers
				Hanscom AFB
				Bedford, MA
				Expert in Inverse Artificial Intelligence

------