[comp.sys.apple] gs modem port fix

MEPCOM-IM@STL-HOST1.ARPA (06/01/87)

It just ain't so.  One of the main compatibility problems on the
GS is the major revision of the serial i/o routines.  Your fix
won't work.  it isn't a super serial card in slot 2 (or 1 for
that matter) When I first got my IIGS I tried to the control-A
control-T to get to terminal mode (after a PR#2, In#2) any fixes
would be welcome by me also.

Regards, Kevin Black

mdavis@hp-sdd.UUCP (Morgan Davis) (06/02/87)

You can change the baud rate, as was stated earlier, on a IIGS by typing:

        ]IN#2
        <ctrl-A><T>                             <-- terminal mode
        <cktl-A><6><B>                          <-- set 1200 bps (10B is 2400)
        ....                                    <-- do whatever you need to
        <ctrl-A><Q>                             <-- quit terminal mode
        ]IN#0

This works.

UUCP: [ ihnp4 akgua hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdavis
ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdavis@nosc
INET: mdavis@pro-sol.CTS.COM

whitney@think.UUCP (06/04/87)

In article <8706020746.AA13305@crash.CTS.COM> hp-sdd!pnet01!pro-sol!mdavis@AMSAA.arpa writes:
>You can change the baud rate, as was stated earlier, on a IIGS by typing:
>
>        ]IN#2
>        <ctrl-A><T>                             <-- terminal mode
>        <cktl-A><6><B>                          <-- set 1200 bps (10B is 2400)
>        ....                                    <-- do whatever you need to
>        <ctrl-A><Q>                             <-- quit terminal mode
>        ]IN#0
>
>This works.
>
>UUCP: [ ihnp4 akgua hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdavis
>ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdavis@nosc
>INET: mdavis@pro-sol.CTS.COM

Um, as I remember the Super Serial Card manual, <6><B> sets 300 baud.
<8><b> sets 1200 baud. Now I tried this (have you TRIED it?), and it
causes the system to hang up when I try to type to the modem. I do
exactly this:

IN#2
<ctrl-A>T
AT
  --> modem goes "OK"
<ctrl-A>8B
A  --> no more cursor. couldn't even hit 'T' or RETURN.

I have a "Woz" special. Were any bugs identified in these early models?
If so, how can I have them fixed??

		Dave Whitney
		...!ihnp4!think!whitney
		whitney@think.com