[comp.sys.apple] IIgs and Grappler, AE Pro, MouseTalk

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET.UUCP (06/07/87)

Evidently, there is a ROM serial number for the Grappler+ that
indicates whether it is (or is not) IIgs compatible.  If you have
an older ROM, I believe Orange Micro is replacing them at no charge
(check with them about that; they should be able to tell you whether
your current ROM is too old for the IIgs).

If your Promodem is an internal, I haven't heard that it doesn't
work.  All of the external modems work with the IIgs, but much of
the communications software doesn't support the IIgs serial port.
I believe the latest version of MouseTalk does; I haven't heard
whether a IIgs driver has been added for AE Pro.  You can keep, and
use, the serial board you're using with your //e.

sloan@pnet02.UUCP (06/10/87)

The Super Serial Card and the Prometheus ProModem 1200a run off the 6551 ACIA
(made by both Synertek and Gould-AMI).  Naturally, since AE has a driver for
6551 ACIA, it will work.  There are plans for a new version of United
Software's Ascii Express Pro to include the IIgs serial port driver.

UUCP: {ihnp4!crash, hplabs!hp-sdd!crash}!gryphon!pnet02!sloan
INET: sloan@pnet02.CTS.COM

wmapple@BRL.ARPA (Info-Apple-Request) (06/11/87)

----- Forwarded message # 1:

Date:     Sun, 07 Jun 87  02:28 EST