[comp.sys.apple] ADB Keyboards

DICKSON@HARTFORD.BITNET.UUCP (06/27/87)

Okay, I feel really stupid.  Last night, while trying to push my modem
cable tighter into the back of my computer (a GS/upgraded IIe), I knocked
over my tall glass of 7-Up, and some of it spilled into the keyboard.  It
started to auto-repeat, and even when I turned it off and left the System
Saver going all night to help dry it off, it still did it this morning.
I have taken the whole thing apart and cleaned the keyboard, but I don't know
yet if it will work.  Which brings me to my question:

I don't want the GS one, because I don't like the keys.  I do like the new Mac
keyboards, and so I'm hoping they'll work.  Does anybody know?

something serious, a child could perform the upgrade operation.  All you do is
transfer the power supply (a process of unsrewing and replacing 4 screws, and
plugging it in), put the top of your //e on the bottom of the upgrade kit
(8-10 screws), plug in the keyboard, and viola!  So much for Apple's
recommendations.  You might save a few bucks there, unlike me.

I gotta go.

Bill (DICKSON @ HARTFORD)

nick@drutx.UUCP (06/29/87)

In article <8706271015.aa15311@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA>, DICKSON@HARTFORD.BITNET writes:

> I don't want the GS one, because I don't like the keys.  I do like the new Mac
> keyboards, and so I'm hoping they'll work.  Does anybody know?
>
> Bill (DICKSON @ HARTFORD)

Bill, to answer your question - YES! Both the Mac SE and Mac II keyboard are
interchangable with the //GS keyboard. I've even seen the SE running with a
GS keyboard at a demo. A bit of advice, if you can get your dealer to order
the keyboard as a 'replacement part' you could save a few bucks.
				Nick Silva

CDTAXW@IRISHMVS.BITNET ("Mark B. Johnson") (06/29/87)

The Apple Standard Keyboard works just fine with the IIGS.  The
Extended Keyboard also seems to work without any problems...

Mark

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (06/29/87)

The Mac SE keyboard will work on the //gs, so will the other Apple ADB key
board (the VT-100 function-key version) and third party keyboards.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax