[comp.sys.apple] Kermit 3.75 VT-52 emulation...

SJDMK@UNO.BITNET (06/26/87)

I'm having trouble with the VT-52 emulation. Has anyone els?

I'm trying to use the EDT editor and most of the "keypad" keys don't
work. According to the diagram in the docs, the keyboard looks like:

              6 7 8 9
               y u i o
                h j k l
               <sp>  la ra

The only ones I've been able to get working are thhe 6,7,8, and 9 keys.

I'm holding down the open-apple but they still don't work. Any ideas?

                             Steve

BITnet: SJDMK@UNO
ARPAnet: EDU%"SJDMK%UNO.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU"

bu000750@cisunx.UUCP (pearsall) (07/01/87)

In article <8706261453.aa29329@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> SJDMK@UNO.BITNET writes:
>I'm having trouble with the VT-52 emulation. Has anyone els?
>
>I'm trying to use the EDT editor and most of the "keypad" keys don't
>work.

To get the keypad functions, you must have the caps-lock key off.
I dont know why, but you must use lower case to get the functions.
I know- a bit of hassle, huh?

                                           Jon Pearsall