[comp.sys.apple] apple //c terminfo

slg@mhuxd.UUCP (07/08/87)

 I am trying to use my apple //c as a dumb terminal and use vi on a
mainframe.  I have tried emulating a vt52, vt100 & tty.  The mainframe
I am accessing has many flavors of identifiers for each terminal, none
of which works.  Does anyone successfully use as screen editor such
as vi using a terminal emulator package on an apple //c?

keeshu@nikhefk.UUCP (Kees Huyser) (07/09/87)

In article <3026@mhuxd.UUCP# slg@mhuxd.UUCP (Suzanne Gordon) writes:
#
# I am trying to use my apple //c as a dumb terminal and use vi on a
#mainframe.  I have tried emulating a vt52, vt100 & tty.  The mainframe
#I am accessing has many flavors of identifiers for each terminal, none
#of which works.  Does anyone successfully use as screen editor such
#as vi using a terminal emulator package on an apple //c?

Try adding the following termcap (if you don't know how, ask your
system administrator).

-------------------------<snip-snip>---------------------------------
ap|apple2c|Apple //c 80 column board using no emulation:\
        :am:bl=^G:bs:bw:cd=4*^K:ce=4^]:cl=100^L:co#80:ho=^Y:is=^R^N:\
        :kd=^J:kl=^H:ku=^K:li#24:me=^N:mr=^O:ms:nw=100r:\
        :rs=^R^N:se=^N:so=^O:up=^_:cm=^^%r%+ %+ :
-------------------------<snip-snip>---------------------------------

I hope this works for you,

-- Kees
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| As official spokesman for the Institute is is my privilege to announce that
| the board of governors of the Institute have withdrawn my privilege of being
| the official spokesman for the Institute.

yanek@UXC.CSO.UIUC.EDU (Jay Yanek) (07/15/87)

I have been using full screen vi by using the ASCII Express modem software
package.  I have modified the macro package, stating:

Input terminal:  ibm3101
Output terminal: Datamedia (80 col. boards)

where the input terminal is the incoming code which your mainframe is sending
to your //c (the terminal the mainfraim "thinks" it is talking to), and the
output terminal converts the input code so the //c can understand it.
[this information is on page 267 of the ASCII Express User Manual.

Hope this helps...

(Jay Yanek)  yanek@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu

yanek@UXC.CSO.UIUC.EDU (Jay Yanek) (07/25/87)

/* Written  1:26 am  Jul 24, 1987 by yanek@uxc in uxc.cso.uiuc.edu:info-apple */
/* ---------- "apple //c terminfo" ---------- */
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 87 21:48:26 CDT
From: Jay Yanek <yanek@uxc>
To: info-apple@BRL.ARPA
Subject: apple //c terminfo

I have been using full screen vi by using the ASCII Express modem software
package.  I have modified the macro package, stating:

Input terminal:  ibm3101
Output terminal: Datamedia (80 col. boards)

where the input terminal is the incoming code which your mainframe is sending
to your //c (the terminal the mainfraim "thinks" it is talking to), and the
output terminal converts the input code so the //c can understand it.
[this information is on page 267 of the ASCII Express User Manual.

Hope this helps...

(Jay Yanek)  yanek@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu
/* End of text from uxc.cso.uiuc.edu:info-apple */