[comp.sys.apple] Software exchange idea

mkao@pnet01.CTS.COM (Mike Kao) (07/07/87)

Would it be possible to set up a file transfer facility similar to that of
Morgan Davis' Proline on this board?
Please reply via e-mail instead of the net. Thank you.

                                        -- Mike Kao

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!mkao
ARPA: crash!pnet01!mkao@nosc.mil
INET: mkao@pnet01.CTS.COM

patth@dasys1.UUCP (Patt Haring) (07/17/87)

In article <8707070056.AA19992@crash.CTS.COM>, mkao@pnet01.CTS.COM (Mike Kao) writes:
> Would it be possible to set up a file transfer facility similar to that of
> Morgan Davis' Proline on this board?
> Please reply via e-mail instead of the net. Thank you.
Isn't it possible to set up an Apple software exchange in comp.sources.
and label it comp.sources.apple?  Or do we all have to apply to the
net gods to get this group set up?
--
Patt Haring                       UUCP:  ..cmc12!phri!dasys1!patth
Big Electric Cat                  Compu$erve: 76566,2510

gary@rencon.UUCP (Gary Falsken) (07/18/87)

I think it is a good idea to have a comp.sources.apple.  I vote for it!

--
Gary Falsken
Renaissance Consulting

lwv@n8emr.UUCP (Larry Virden) (07/25/87)

The problem with wanting to create a comp.sources.apple is that one has
to justify it.  At least at this sites that I have access to, there have
been few, if any sources posted to comp.sys.apple.  The proper procedure is
to post sources here.  When the volume of sources exceeds the volume of mail,
THEN, one posts a request for a new group to news.groups.  This person
volenteers to collect EMAIL votes for a period of time (probably 2 weeks).
Then, a summary of the number of yes vs no votes (total tally) is posted to
news.groups.  At that point, the net.gods determine wheteher we have provided
enough sacrificial lambs to suffice and either create the necessary group
or tell us to buzz off.  If the group is created, then ALL FURTHER source
postings should go to this group.  Binaries should continue here until
a similar situation occurs (the mass amount of items, the vote, the decision).
If we play by the rules, we should be able to have the new groups in 4-5 months.
--
Larry W. Virden	 75046,606 (CIS)
674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817