[comp.sys.apple] No mail

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (07/23/87)

I haven't received anything from info-apple since last Monday (20th) in
the wee hours (messages dated July 17).  Have you been getting lots of
"undelivered mail" from bitnet addresses?

Have you been receiving incoming from bitnet (wiscvm hasn't been
returning your mail as undelivered, so I assume it's getting there)?
If you receive this, mail is getting there; so the question is howcome
it's not going the other way?

Is there any convenient way of retrieving missing messages from bitnet
(are they archived somewhere that will accept a command from email and
figure out how to route it back)?  I've only seen about 6 messages dated
after July 9 (I know there are more than that out there).

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (07/25/87)

In article <8707231529.aa07478@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET writes:
>I haven't received anything from info-apple since last Monday (20th) in
>the wee hours (messages dated July 17).  Have you been getting lots of
>"undelivered mail" from bitnet addresses?

Yes.

>Have you been receiving incoming from bitnet (wiscvm hasn't been
>returning your mail as undelivered, so I assume it's getting there)?
>If you receive this, mail is getting there; so the question is howcome
>it's not going the other way?

Well, I got this, and it was dated two days ago, July 23.  I have been
having a lot of mail bounce back from wiscvm, but not just them.

I believe that things are going on in the UUCP world.  I know that Reed
just instituted a new sendmail, which now allows for '@' syntax, at
least to a degree.  Now I am getting a bunch of "user not found" errors
and such.

I have tried to send out a lot of notes to people who want the Novation
Apple-Cat drivers, but I can't seem to get through to them.  If you sent
me a note, but did not get a reply, please send me another.  If you get
the sources, then  send me a note (even if you already have done so.).
If you want them, send me a note.  I am going to figure out what is
going on, and then everyone should get a note asking to repond to that
note, so I know I am talking to you.  Then you will recieve five files.

I assume (or am going to assume) that from now on it is valid to specify
a BITNET path from UUCP with the '%' syntax, i.e.
user%foo.BITNET%bletch.UUCP
but there is never much hope that will work.  ug.

Sean kamath
the following probably don't work any more. :-(
--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs ihnp4}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET:  reed!kamath@Berkeley.BITNET