[comp.sys.apple] PD communications program?

Rankins@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (07/10/87)

Does anyone know of a good public domain communications program for an
Apple IIe (DOS or ProDOS) that uses XMODEM protocol and will work with a
Microcom ERA 2 1200 baud modem (an internal modem card which emulates an
Apple Super Serial card and a fully Hayes compatable modem).  It came
bundled with a program that uses the MNP protocol which doesn't seem to
be overly popular.  I don't need a lot of fancy extras (word processor,
terminal emulation) just something I can use to download from some
BBS's.  I'm not against buying a communications package, but right now I
can't spare the bucks.  Well maybe a few if anyone knows of an
inexpensive (around $30 or less) communications program.  If you can be
of any help, please reply to this forum or to RANKINS@DOCKMASTER.ARPA.

                                        Thanks in advance,
                                        Ray

patth@dasys1.UUCP (Patt Haring) (07/28/87)

In article <870710123403.154795@DOCKMASTER.ARPA>, Rankins@DOCKMASTER.ARPA writes:

> Does anyone know of a good public domain communications program for an
> Apple IIe (DOES or ProDOS) that uses XModem protocol .....
Ray,
I believe you want something like TALK IS CHEAP Version 1.16 by
Donald R. Elton of Carolina System Software; you can contact
 him thru Morgan Davis - try mdavis@pro-sol.UUCP
for an address.  It's shareware - but you can try it out, see if
you like it and send Don $30 for the latest manual and update if
you like it.
--
Patt Haring                       UUCP:  ..cmc12!phri!dasys1!patth
Big Electric Cat                  Compu$erve: 76566,2510