[net.movies] Lost In Space: The Motion Picture

fair@dual.UUCP (Erik E. Fair) (05/10/84)

> From: rh@mit-eddie.UUCP
> Subject: Re: Arthur C. Clarke's 2010
> Date: Sun, 6-May-84 19:59:46 PDT
>
> astrovax!ks mentioning "Lost in Space" just gave me a horrifying
> vision (don't let Hollywood here us say this...), "Lost in Space:
> The Motion Picture."  GAK!!!!  If they got away with that, they'd
> make a feature-length flick out of "Gilligan's Island."  Double
> GAK!!!!
> --
> Randwulf  (Randy Haskins);  Path= genrad!mit-eddie!rh

It's too late! One of the systems that `fortune' talks UUCP to is
called...

		`hollywood'

	(tee hee),

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair	fair@ucb-arpa.ARPA

	dual!fair@Berkeley.ARPA
	{ihnp4,ucbvax,cbosgd,decwrl,amd70,fortune,zehntel}!dual!fair
	Dual Systems Corporation, Berkeley, California

chuqui@nsc.UUCP (05/10/84)

> If they got away with that, they'd
> make a feature-length flick out of "Gilligan's Island."

I hate to tell you this, but a couple of years ago there was a full length
TV movie called 'Return to Gilligans Island'. I avoided it like the plague,
so I can't tell you how bad it really was. Rumor has it that they are
considering a sequel called 'The Harlem globetrotters go to Gilligans Island'.

chuq (am I joking?)

--
>From the closet of anxieties of:			Chuq Von Rospach
{amd70,fortune,hplabs,ihnp4}!nsc!chuqui			(408) 733-2600 x242

Half asleep I hear a voice; is it only in my mind?
Or is it someone calling me, someone I failed and left behind?

clark@sdcsla.UUCP (05/11/84)

<>

>From the May 6th to May 12th edition of "Television Times: Los Angeles
Times Weekly Listings" (reprinted without permission, complaints to /dev/null)
May 6th Sun, 6PM
[13] Movie "The Harlem Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island"

Note: the ad accompanying shows a picture that looks like it is an old
movie, from the original days, maybe a two-parter made into a movie.

AUGH!!!

-- Clark

freund@aecom.UUCP (05/14/84)

> If they got away with that, they'd
> make a feature-length flick out of "Gilligan's Island."

>I hate to tell you this, but a couple of years ago there was a full length
>TV movie called 'Return to Gilligans Island'. I avoided it like the plague,
>so I can't tell you how bad it really was. Rumor has it that they are
>considering a sequel called 'The Harlem globetrotters go to Gilligans Island'.

I hope ur sitting when u read this, because they actually went ahead with
globetrotters going 2 Gilligan's Island. This was the sequel to the sequel,
and was supposed to b a pilot 4 a new series. Needless to say, be glad u
didn't c it when it aired (2 years ago?).
--
Larry Freund
UUCP: {cucard,philabs,pegasus,esquire,rocky2,ihnp4}!aecom!freund

"Good information is hard to get. Doing anything with it is even harder!"

bbanerje@sjuvax.UUCP (B. Banerjee) (05/15/84)

>> so I can't tell you how bad it really was. Rumor has it that they are
>> considering a sequel called 'The Harlem globetrotters go to Gilligans Island'.
I think that this sequel was in fact made.  I (vaguely) recall
seeing it on television some years ago.

Regards
--
				Binayak Banerjee
		{allegra | astrovax | bpa | burdvax}!sjuvax!bbanerje

emjej@uokvax.UUCP (05/23/84)

#R:dual:-49500:uokvax:3900034:000:667
uokvax!emjej    May 23 00:35:00 1984

> From: rh@mit-eddie.UUCP
>
> astrovax!ks mentioning "Lost in Space" just gave me a horrifying
> vision (don't let Hollywood here us say this...), "Lost in Space:
> The Motion Picture."  GAK!!!!  If they got away with that, they'd
> make a feature-length flick out of "Gilligan's Island."  Double
> GAK!!!!

I'm terribly sorry to have to say that there have been *two* movies
(made for TV, admittedly) concerning the further adventures of the
crew and passengers of the *Minnow*: in one, they are rescued and
eventually wind up back on the island. The other is *The Harlem
Globetrotters on Gilligan's Island*. 'Nuff said. Make that GAK a
triple...

					James Jones