Date: 31 Jul 87 21:16 +0600
From: delton@pro-carolina.UCSD.edu
To: delaney@wnre.aecl.cdn
Subject: Re: ECP8 ECP16

ECP8 can launch SYS, BAS, BIN, BATch, and S16 files.  ECP16 can launch SYS,
S16, BATch, and EXE files.  ECP8 has a built-in semi-smart/semi-dumb terminal
program while ECP16 adds a history buffer, nicer command-line editor, nicer
function keys (and more of them), and all of the ProDOS 16 stuff.  ECP8 is
included with ECP16 and you can boot into either from P16.  There are a few
more ill-behaved P16 applications I've found and in some of these cases it
works out better to launch them from ECP8 but the shell-idea works better in
general under P16.  i.e. ECP16 can launch a shell of itself or any other
program and when you quit you return to the shell that did the launching using
a stack to keep up with where you've been.

UUCP: [ ihnp4 sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pnet01!pro-sol!delton
ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-sol!delton@nosc.mil
INET: delton@pro-sol.cts.com