[comp.sys.apple] Softerm II

trejo@NPRDC.ARPA (05/14/87)

Sometime ago I requested information about software packages for
ASCII terminal emulation by an Apple IIc at 9600 baud.  I received
some input about a program called SOFTERM II, which sounded pretty
good.  Unfortunately, no one seems to know who makes or sells the
SOFTERM II package.

So this is another request: Does anyone know who makes or sells the
SOFTERM II package or an equivalent?

Thank-you,

Len Trejo

rsl@ecsvax.UUCP (Roberta Little) (05/15/87)

Regarding your request for information about Softerm II,  here is info about
the company:

Softronics, Inc.
7899 Lexington Dr. Suite 210
Colorado Springs, CO 80918

ph. 800-225-8590

The package sells for around $195.  I think the company must have recently
moved from Memphis TN, and unless they have moved again very recently you
should find them at this location.

** I have no connection with Softronics, only as a satisfied customer.

Roberta Sloan Little
UNC-Educational Computing Service

jrt@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA (05/15/87)

    SOFTERM II is marketed by Softronics, Inc. located here in Colorado
Springs, CO.  Their tel. no. is (303)548-1878; address is 7899 Lexington
Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80918.  I have used SOFTERM II for 3 years with my
][e and wouldn't be without it.  Softronics recently brought out a PRODOS
enhancement for the original package and have a function key scheme which no
longer requires the use of an internal card slot.  I think you'll find it's
the best thing available BUT it is not cheap!

	Jim

ranger@ecsvax.UUCP (Rick N. Fincher) (05/19/87)

In article <8705141621.AA02440@nprdc.arpa>, trejo@NPRDC.ARPA writes:
> Sometime ago I requested information about software packages for
> ASCII terminal emulation by an Apple IIc at 9600 baud.  I received
> some input about a program called SOFTERM II, which sounded pretty
> good.  Unfortunately, no one seems to know who makes or sells the
> SOFTERM II package.
>
> So this is another request: Does anyone know who makes or sells the
> SOFTERM II package or an equivalent?

Softronics sell Softerm II.  Their toll free number is 1-800-225-8590.
They have an ad in the A+ magazine classifieds in the back but they usually don't
appear in the advertisers index.

Rick Fincher
ranger@ecsvax

CC004019@BROWNVM.BITNET (Christopher Chung) (07/11/87)

I will be getting a hard drive soon and I would like to be able to put Softerm
onto a hard drive.  Would it be possible to somehow patch the dos on the
hard drive so that it will work or maybe use a Wildcard to make an image of
the memory and save it and then load it back again.  Would any of these ideas
work?

Thanks,
Chris

craparotta@tipple.dec.com (Joe Crap) (08/03/87)

Softerm will be coming out with drivers for the //GS very shortly. I am
beta testing them now. So far I haven't seen any problems. I wish they
would convert it over to PRODOS though. If u have any more questions just
ask.

Joe Craparotta

I don't care about your opinion so you shouldn't care about mine!!!

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (08/06/87)

Since Softronics is updating Softerm II, I hope they will include support for
Apple Unidisk 3.5. If they do, I hope the update will be available to ][e users
as well as //gs folks.

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca |
  |  ARPA: halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu                                     |
  |  BITNET: HALP@CRNLTHRY      D57J@CORNELLA      D57J@CRNLVAX5           |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601   |