[comp.sys.apple] Where is CALL A.P.P.L.E. gone?

chris@hplvdd.UUCP (08/13/87)

What happened to CALL A.P.P.L.E.? While I have been distracted for a few years,
the group seems to have disappeared.

Is anyone still selling their "products". and if so what is the address?

I have a nice assembler from the group called "BIG MAC", and I wonder if the
other products are still available.
Thanks for any help on this......chris.

hkbirke@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Hal Birkeland) (08/15/87)

In article <4360002@hplvdd.HP.COM>, chris@hplvdd.HP.COM (Chris Kelly) writes:

> What happened to CALL A.P.P.L.E.?
> Thanks for any help on this......chris.

As a member of the Apple Puget sound Program Library Exchange, they are still
going strong as of last month (my last issue of CALL APPLE).

They moved down the street about 3 years ago:

A.P.P.L.E. Co-op
290 S.W. 43rd St.
Renton, WA 98055
Service: (206) 251-9798
Orders:  (800) 4269-3667

Membership is $26.00 per year (including magazine subscription).

-- hal
hkbirke@media-lab.media.mit.edu

disclaimer: other than a member and a satisfied customer, I have no official
relations with APPLE.

lwv@n8emr.UUCP (Larry W. Virden) (08/17/87)

The CALL Apple group are still there, providing the same excellent service
than ever before.  What HAS happened in the last few years is a shakedown in
non-ibm-pc magazines on the newstands.  CallApple used to provide their
magazine via newstands - I dont believe that this is the case any longer.
I also note that they dont advertise any longer - after becoming the largest
user group in the world, perhaps they feel that word of mouth is sufficient.

Also note that CALL Apple is hosting (?) the Apple Programmers and Developers
Association (APDA) which has exclusive distribution rights to all Apple
alpha and beta software development tools.  Thus, the IIgs Apple Programmer;s
Workbench assembler and C compiler are available via this group.

--
Larry W. Virden	 75046,606 (CIS)
674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817