[comp.sys.apple] CDA's & VT-100 emulation

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (09/23/87)

>From:         STEIN%UCONNVM.BITNET@wiscvm.wisc.edu
>Subject:      Re:  CDA's
>To:           Brinton Cooper <abc@brl.arpa>
>
>When I exec the CDAs here, I get binary files.  How do I get them installed?

The CDAs referred to, I think, were those posted to APPLE2-L.  After the
file is EXEC'd, the resultying BIN file is in Apple II Binary (I got a note
from STEIN this morning saying he's managed to get the CDAs installed).

>Is the 6502 just too slow to keep up with all those escape sequences at
>1200 baud?

SOFTERM 2 keeps up with 9600 baud without any problems.  I've used both
VT-100 and IBM-3101-2x (in block mode).  The Apple 80 column card's
display rate is only (roughly) 4800 baud, but SOFTERM has a more than
adequate buffer (40K or so in a 128K Apple) to insure no loss of incoming
characters (the IBM PC display rate isn't any faster than the Apple 2's
and may even be slower).

ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut