[comp.sys.apple] Apple Graphics to Printer

b12958@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Pete S) (09/22/87)

Here is the problem.  My son has a //c which he bought for college
and with it he purchased a Panasonic 1081i (?) printer so he
could do word processing and print out graphics.  He also has an
Orange 'Hot Line' interface that converts the serial data to
parallel data for the printer; the interface has a switch that
turns on or off the hi bit to allow one to go from
text to graphics printing.  However, unlike
my ][+ that has a Grappler interface that allows dumping the hi-res
graphics screen to my Prowriter printer, the //c does not have any
such method.  Now the question:  is there any software driver
available that enables screen dumps  I imagine some software programs
like Printshop do allow this but is there any other means so he can dump
his own creations?

	Thanks for the help to come.

	Pete Schultz
	ihnp4!ihlpf!b12958
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	Naperville, IL

_________________________

Sorry, no witty sign-off.
_________________________

patth@dasys1.UUCP (09/23/87)

In article <2280@ihlpf.ATT.COM>, b12958@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Pete S) writes:

> Here is the problem.  My son has a //c which he bought for college
> and with it he purchased a Panasonic 1081i (?) printer so he
> could do word processing and print out graphics.....

Pete,
You might want to try Beagle Bros' TRIPLE DUMP program; works with
ProDOS and DOS 3.3.
Beagle Bros Micro Software, Inc.
3990 Old Town Avenue
San Diego, CA 92110
Orders Only Toll Free: 1-800-227-3800 ext.1607
--
Patt Haring                       UUCP:    ..cmcl2!phri!dasys1!patth
Big Electric Cat                  Compu$erve: 76566,2510

delaney@wnre.aecl.CDN (Grant Delaney) (09/24/87)

Like the //c and even the //e if you use a super serial card to Interface
to your printer there is no build in screen dump.  For several Years now
I have used Beagle Brothers TRIPLE DUMP on a II+ with a serial card and
now on a GS.  The Panasonic printer is included in it's supported printers
and as unprotected software you can include it in your own software.

As for word processors you will have to set up a custom printer in APPLEWORKS
or other word processor as the interface does little else but transmit
commands to the printer

kai@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (09/24/87)

Beagle Bros Triple Dump utility program will allow you to manipulate and print
anything you can save on disk with the "bsave picture,a$4000,l$2000" or
whatever.

Stuff from my Micro Illustrator drawing pgm prints fine.  Graphic screens from
game programs cannot be printed, unless you have something that will help you
capture them.

It even lets you crop the picture (only print a small piece), rotate, magnify,
and print in inverse.  Lots of different printers and interface cards are
supported, and it's not very expensive.  Yeah, Beagle Bros!!!

Patrick Wolfe

Internet:  pwolfe@kai.com
UUCP:      ...!{uunet,ihnp4}!uiucuxc!kailand!pwolfe

The opinions expressed here are my own, NOT my employers.

halp@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU ("Bruce P. Halpern") (09/24/87)

Triple-Dump (Beagle Bros.) does low res, hig res, and double high res nicely,
and allows some manipulation of the graphic. Image Printer ][ (Sensible
Software) does a good job  for high res, and has a lot of ability to
create and modify graphics.

****DISCLAMER: My comments, etc., are my own shakey opinions ********

  |  Bruce P. Halpern  Psychology & Neurobiology & Behavior Cornell Ithaca |
  |  ARPA: halp@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu                                     |
  |  BITNET: HALP@CRNLTHRY      D57J@CORNELLA      D57J@CRNLVAX5           |
  |  PHONE: 607-255-6433    Uris Hall, Cornell U., Ithaca, NY 14853-7601   |

mdj@pro-sol.cts.COM ("Mark U. de Jong") (09/24/87)

The Beagle Bros' product _Triple-Dump_ will allow you to dump hires,
double-hires, lores, double-lores, and text screens to any printer using any
(well nearly) interface.

Mark de Jong

UUCP: [ ihnp4 cbosgd hplabs!hp-sdd sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdj
ARPA: crash!pnet01!pro-sol!mdj@nosc.mil
INET: mdj@pro-sol.CTS.COM