[comp.sys.apple] Help with Kermit 3.79

DICKSON@HARTFORD.BITNET.UUCP (10/02/87)

From:   UHAVAX::DICKSON      "All this, and opposable thumbs, too!"  2-OCT-1987
09:41
To:     Orig_To! MIL%"medin@cod.nosc.MIL", DICKSON
Subj:   Re: VT-100

I too use Kermit 3.79 VT100 with our VAX, and have never had any problems up
until 3 days ago.  I got my GS ROM/VGC upgrade, and brought the computer home
and hooked it back up.  Somewhere along these lined, I set the modem and
printer ports in the control panel back to standard.  (I used to use Access II,
and it requires several things to be changed.)  Well, I discovered that it no
longer dialed, so I changed as many back as I could remember (I've lost the
sheet that came with Access)  and tried again.  It now works fine, except that
whenever the VAX sends a bell, to announce incoming messages or tell me I have
mail or something, I lose quite a few characters that come just after it.  Now,
my question:  Any idea if this is caused by the new ROMS?  Could it be?  It
doesn't seem the kind of thing the ROM would affect, but I think I've got all
the modem and printer settings back where they should be.

Any ideas about this, plus if you've any idea what the settings should be for
the control panel (in case I've got it wrong) would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, yes, if I turn off the bell from the VisiBell CDA, the problem goes away
(except of course that I have no bell.)

I posted a letter very much like this to info-apple about 4 days ago, but I
haven't seen it, so I'll forward a copy of this to the group, too.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help,

Bill Dickson.