[comp.sys.apple] Gateway from wiscvm.wisc.edu

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (10/27/87)

>Date:     Sat, 24 Oct 87 1:59:05 EDT
>From: Info-Apple-Request <wmapple@brl.arpa>
>
>Does anyone know the status of these hosts?  Mail from Info-Apple has
>been bouncing from some of them for over a week now and I'm considering
>deleting subscribers at these hosts until I find that they're up and
>running again:
>
> ????  ndsuvm1.bitnet (via wiscvm.wisc.edu) !!!!!
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>_Brint Cooper
>Info-Apple-Request@brl.arpa

I do hope someone at some NIC or other is doing something about the
scheduled closing of the arpanet gateway to bitnet at wiscvm.  The problem
is not NDSUVM1.bitnet but wiscvm (why it occassionally bounces mail it
had been sending and continues to send mail from bitnet to arpanet is beyond
me).

There are other gateways to bitnet.  The one at berkley.edu is a "close"
to NDSUVM1 in net geography as the one at wiscvm.  Is there any outright
prohibition to sending info-apple through Berkeley's gateway?

---------------------
ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut

nu092254@ndsuvm1.bitnet.UUCP (10/31/87)

The reason that WISCVM is bouncing mail to NDSUVM1 is that we at NDSU are
no longer hooked up to WISCVM.

We are now hooked up to WISCMAC instead.  The geography has changed, so
make a note on your maps.

Hope this helps,
       take care,
                                     -Bri
Brian Dall        |                           |"It is dangerous to tell
PO Box 5112       |  NU092254@NDSUVM1.BITNET  | the people that laws are
NDSU Station      |                           | not just. . . ."
Fargo, ND  58105  |                           |  -Blaise Pascal