Date:         Sat, 07 Nov 87 14:07:35 EST
From: Christopher Chung <uunet!rutgers!wiscvm.wisc.edu!CC004019@BROWNVM.BITNET>
Subject:      Re: another problem
To: pyrdc!osu-eddie!osu-cis!chemabs!n8emr!lwv
Cc: "Murphy A. Sewall" <SEWALL@UCONNVM.RUTGERS.EDU>

>Chris, I first think that any multiple copies ofthe same pgm that you might
>have online should be removed.  Second, if all you are going to have room
>for is 2 meg, perhaps another site should be chosen.  Especially since you
>keep getting all those complaints about the hundreds of dumb users out here.
>Obviously inadequate resources are being given you so that you will drop this
>project.  My personal feelings is that we should oblige.

Well things have started to calm down a bit.  I got the 10 meg disk.  This
is actually more than 10 megs because it also does file compression.
So far things are going smoothly.  I think people are starting to understand.

Chris

>Since I have 30-40 3.5" disks here on my desk, I would have 15 times the
>storage capacity that you would potentially have for the library.  This would
>mean that few, if any of the software would really be able to be up at one
>time,
>makeing the archives almost useless.  Thanks for your efforts though.
>
>---
>Larry W. Virden     75046,606 (CIS)
>674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817
>cbosgd!n8emr!lwv HAM/SWL BBS (HBBS) 614-457-4227.. 300/1200 bps
>We haven't inherited the world from our parents, but borrowed it from our
> children.

lwv@n8emr.UUCP (11/12/87)

The reason that you and some others were having problems getting thru to
me was a uucp path problem.  osu-eddie no longer exists, so they no longer
feed chemabs.  In fact, due to a misunderstanding of terms in the map doc,
chemabs was listed as feeding n8emr when it in fact should not!  This change
was sent out to the map folks but obviously someone somewhere down the line is
having some problems.

For the record, I STILL apparently have been unable to get a msg thru to the
LISTSERV.  I have been trying once or twice a week for several weeks now,.
I dont know what the problem is as I never get a failure message back.  I
am now officially terminating my attempts.  I dont know that I could get
anything useful from apple2l anyways, since the feed would have to attempt
to come back here across bitnet and uucp.