[comp.sys.apple] GS Upgrade with System 3.1 disk

FFDDO@ALASKA.BITNET (11/11/87)

The problem is that you
need system 2.X to run on a IIGS with less
than 512K.
Your dealer should have known that, and given you the proper disk.
Oh, this message is to the user who was
getting a system error $0201 when running Finder on his
new upgraded IIGS.
David Oberhart
<FFDDO@ALASKA>

jockc@killer.UUCP (11/13/87)

In article <8711110152.aa06081@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> FFDDO@ALASKA.BITNET writes:
>The problem is that you
>need system 2.X to run on a IIGS with less
>than 512K.
>Your dealer should have known that, and given you the proper disk.

My dealer doesn't know a disk drive from his butt when it comes to Apple
products (big blue worshipper). While I was waiting to pick up my system,
I was digging through a pile of Apple dealer hype and noticed
a copy of the 3.2 system disk, which (not knowing any better) I copied
onto the 1.1 system disk that came with my upgrade.  I have since gotten
my gsRam so everything works ok.

ihnp4!killer!jockc