[comp.sys.apple] delay in posting

Rankins@DOCKMASTER.ARPA (11/10/87)

How long should it be expected to take for a message to be posted in
this list after sending it?  I sent a message from Dockmaster.arpa on
Monday, Nov.  9 at 8:00 A.M.  It is now 8:00 A.M.  Tuesday and it has
not yet returned with the info-apple list (there were 14 new messages
from info-apple, but mine was not among them).  I sent the same message
to info-modems at simtel20.arpa at the same time, and it was echoed back
from there within 4 hours!  Why does it take so long for messages to
come back from info-apple?  (This is not the first message that has
taken this long to come back).  I would hate to have to post a message
for a problem that I needed a quick reply to!  Really, I don't mean to
rant and rave, but I am just curious as to how the info-apple messages
are handled and if it should be expected for them to take more than 24
hours to show up in the list after sending them.  The ironic thing is
that I could drive to where BRL.arpa is from where I am within half an
hour!  Who can figure this fast paced age of computers?

                                                  Ray Rankins

Rankins@Dockmaster.arpa

In article <871110134336.079628@DOCKMASTER.ARPA> Rankins@DOCKMASTER.ARPA writes:
>How long should it be expected to take for a message to be posted in
>this list after sending it?

Internetworking and the ARPAnet in particular is working so badly
that it is a wonder you get INFO-APPLE at all.  There are people
working on identifying the problems, which is of course the first
step on the way to solving them.  Have patience.