[comp.sys.apple] Note to Ted Medin

CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET (11/13/87)

Hello Ted Medin,
I hope that posting these messages here is ok, as I'm not sure of
how to reach your mailbox.  KERMIT 3.80 works perfectly with my
/RAMcard.  This is extemely handy as I had been in the habit of
from /RAM seems to be a bit quicker, too. I have a ton of software,
Kermit, however, is my most important program.
Thanks,
Bob Church
P.S. Would it be possible to add a TTY mode? The mainframe here
defaults to TTY if you are not using VT100.  The sync bytes that
it generates are incompatible with APPLE//C 80 COLUMN firmware,
causing reverse scrolling, etc.  When configuring the //C as a terminal
(using no software) I can solve this problem by using the ESCAPE-CONTROL-D
sequence but this doesn't help when running KERMIT. When not using VT100
I have to use 40 column. I can send specifics as to the codes that need
filtered if you like.
.

patth@dasys1.UUCP (Patt Haring) (11/17/87)

In article <8711131628.aa10680@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA>, CS656@OUACCVMB.BITNET writes:

> Hello Ted Medin,

> . . . . . When configuring the //C as a terminal
> (using no software) I can solve this problem by using the ESCAPE-CONTROL-D
> sequence but this doesn't help when running KERMIT. When not using VT100
> I have to use 40 column. I can send specifics as to the codes that need
> filtered if you like.
> .

Hmmm, I'm having trouble up/downloading text and binary files using
Kermit v3.79.  Could anyone give me the SET FILE TYPE
and SET SEND and SET RECEIVE parameters?

Our system defaults to 8/N/1 when sending Text Files.

Thank you.

--
Patt Haring                       UUCP:    ..cmcl2!phri!dasys1!patth
Big Electric Cat                  Compu$erve: 76566,2510