[comp.sys.apple] Apple list

George_A._Muller.Henr801B@XEROX.COM (11/12/87)

Does any know where I may find a complete list or publcation that would
have all the software that is currently available for the lle? Thank you
in advance

daveharv@pro-novapple.UUCP (Dave Harvey) (11/15/87)

In article <> Xerox.COM!George_A._Muller.Henr801B writes:

>Does anyone know where I may find a complete list or publcation that would
>have all the software that is currently available for the lle? Thank you in
advance

Yes, there is such a publication.  MENU(R) --  THE INTERNATIONAL SOFTWARE
DATABASE(tm) MENU is an information and ordering service for any computer
software - for any system - from Apple to Zilog - for any subject - from
Astronomy to Zoology, The International Software Database is the most
comprehensive in the world with extensive information on over 75,000 software
packages.  For information:
Call 1-303-482-5000 or To order: Call 1-800-THE-MENU (7:00 am - 7:00 pm  MST)
They publish a catalog for the Apple II that lists all the software
available. (A copy of their catalog was sent to Apple User Groups throughout
the country by Apple Computer several months ago.)  The catalog is called the
"AppleGuide" and provides information on over 7000 Apple II programs plus
short descriptions of each one.  It cost $4.95.  By the way, they're also on
Compuserve.  So you can search for your desired software there and order it
on-line.  I have a copy of the catalog and it's really quite a good reference.
PROLINE: pro-connection!pro-novapple!daveharv
UUCP: {ihnp4, cbosgd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pro-connection!pro-novapple!daveharv
ARPA: crash!pro-connection!pro-novapple!daveharv@nosc.mil
INT: pro-novapple!daveharv@pro-connection.cts.com
pro-novapple :-> 1 703 352-5842 - 300/1200/2400 - 24 hrs

craig@dasys1.UUCP (Craig Steinberger) (11/24/87)

This will probably seem like a dumb question, but is there a
mailing list for the distribution of Apple ][ public domain
software? Either post or e-mail replies to c.steinb@cooper.edu
-Craig

P.S. Thanks for all those who relied to my question about the
Apple C compilers. It seems that Manx C Prime is best for the money
($75, $63 with student discount) but 2 disc drives are needed. Since
I bought my Apple a looong time ago and haven't (until now) used it
for anything serious I never got the second drive. So if anyone's
got a tip on how to get a cheap drive, I'm all ears.

--
Craig Steinberger                {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Big Electric Cat Public Unix           {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!craig