[comp.sys.apple] Copy II+ 8.0

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (12/06/87)

I've been a registered user of Copy II+ since version 4 something.
(I can even remember when updates cost only $5 instead of $8).
I've answered my postcards for 5.5, 6.something, 7.1 and 7.4.
HOWEVER, I have NOT RECEIVED a postcard about updating to 8.0
(either Central Point hasn't actually mailed to registered owners or
their bookkeeping's on the fritz).

Even though I don't own a 3.5 drive or a IIgs, I'll probably send
in the money (actually all I have to send in is my credit card number
which REALLY makes it seem painless) just to get a more recent parm
list (I don't use it often, but it is sometimes handy).

If you know someone at Central Point... grump to them for me.

'NOTHER subject (for info-apple):

I'm one of those rare Apple 2 people who does not use AppleWorks, but
I've never had any problem with copies made by Copy II+.  Once, I did
bitcopy a disk that turned out not to be copy protected and that copy
proved to be flawed (why I don't know, but the program was in Apple
Pascal which is trouble enough to begin with).  Copy II+ provides 3
ways to make copies (main menu, sector copy, bit copy).  It would help
when reporting problems about copies if the procedure used were
specified.

---------------------
ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut

whitney@think.COM (David Whitney) (12/07/87)

In article <8712061711.ab12818@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET writes:
>I've been a registered user of Copy II+ since version 4 something.
>(I can even remember when updates cost only $5 instead of $8).
>I've answered my postcards for 5.5, 6.something, 7.1 and 7.4.
>HOWEVER, I have NOT RECEIVED a postcard about updating to 8.0
>(either Central Point hasn't actually mailed to registered owners or
>their bookkeeping's on the fritz).

I bought version 4.3 way back when and still have the original disk and
manual sitting around at home somewhere. I sent in the card and have NEVER
received ANY notices on ANY updates EVER.

I wonder if I can prove my purchase of 4.3 and get 8.0 for the small fee
of $15 (or whatever it may be) instead of producing the regular $40.
Can anyone tell me for sure?

David Whitney, MIT '90                     Still learning about my Apple //GS
{the known universe}!ihnp4!think!whitney   and all of its secrets. Any and all
whitney@think.com                          technical info appreciated.
DISCLAIMER: You didn't actually believe all that, did you?

nakada@husc7.HARVARD.EDU (Paul Nakada) (12/07/87)

:
:I bought version 4.3 way back when and still have the original disk and
:manual sitting around at home somewhere. I sent in the card and have NEVER
:received ANY notices on ANY updates EVER.
:

sorru to rain on your parade, guys...  i bought CP][+ back at version 4.1
also.. i was also bought the now obsolete alaska card from cps...
i think i'm somewhere around version 7.1...  and kust the other day i
received a new catatlog of all cps products...  if you want an update..
the easiest way to get it is to call them and give them mc/visa...
good luck...
-paul

 Paul Nakada '89  #8-)                          nakada@husc4.harvard.edu
 Harvard College                                     nakada@husc4.bitnet
 Cambridge, MA       {ihnp4!think, seismo, rutgers}!harvard!husc4!nakada