[comp.sys.apple] Copy 2+ upgrade

SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET (12/08/87)

From Mike Gossett (MIKE@CLEMSON.bitnet)
>Subject: Copy II+ v8.0
>The cost of the upgrade is $15 plus $3 shipping.

Hoo, ha! Inflation rears it's ugly head again.  Perhaps Central Point
does business in yen?  At that price, they will no doubt ship both
a 3.5 and a 5.25 disk, but if I can buy 5.25 disks for 25 cents each
and 3.5's for a buck, how come Central Point's got so MUCH overhead??

---------------------
ARPA:   sewall%uconnvm.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu       Murphy A. Sewall
BITNET: SEWALL@UCONNVM                          School of Business Admin.
UUCP:   ...ihnp4!psuvax1!UCONNVM.BITNET!SEWALL  University of Connecticut

lc@pbhyd.UUCP (Larry Colton) (12/09/87)

In article <8712081346.aa05579@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> SEWALL@UCONNVM.BITNET writes:
>From Mike Gossett (MIKE@CLEMSON.bitnet)
>>Subject: Copy II+ v8.0
>>The cost of the upgrade is $15 plus $3 shipping.
>
>Hoo, ha! Inflation rears it's ugly head again.

This is no real change for Central Point.  I first started using Copy II+
with version 4.3.  Since then I have selectively purchased new versions.
Generally, CPS has charged $15 (+$3 shipping) for major revisions.  I have
seen minor revisions (usually just additional parameters to the auto bit
copy library) for as little as $5, including shipping.  If you really want
ancient history, CPS used to sell quarterly updates to the parameter list.
Since this was before the auto copy mode, the lists were printed.  They
started as photocopied sheets and had 'moved up' to a stapled booklet
before they were replaced with the on disk version.

Oh yea, I get postcards and catalogs from CPS.  If you don't, check your
manual to be sure you registered your copy.  If you did and are still not
hearing from them, simply write them, explain you situation and ask to be
added to their mailing list.

---
Larry Colton                      {ihnp4,pyramid,qantel}!ptsfa!pbhyd!lc
Pacific * Bell                                                San Diego

burton@SILVER.BACS.INDIANA.EDU (Rex_Burton) (12/10/87)

does any one have the address to CPS and or know how to become a beta
tester of software?    thanks Rex

Burton@silve.bacs.indiana.edu or seismo!iuvax!silver!burton