[comp.sys.apple] Davex stuff

FFDDO@ALASKA.BITNET (12/10/87)

y apologies for not explaining further about Davex.

Unfortunately, Davex, and all it's support files, would not be easily sent to
the list server.  There are extensive help and external command files, and
things for the new user could get confusing for someone who isn't sure about
which files are which.
The author can be reached through Bitnet at <AWCTTYPA@UIAMVS>.
Sorry about this, and I'm also sorry the Davex desc file appeared more than
once.
We have been having some trouble getting Info-Apple here in Alaska, and I didn't
see the first posting.
You may also send inquiries to me through Bitnet if you would like.
Thanks again, David Oberhart
<FFDDO@Alaska>

neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Jeffrey Alan Ding) (12/12/87)

In article <8712101311.aa04969@SMOKE.BRL.ARPA> FFDDO@ALASKA.BITNET writes:
>y apologies for not explaining further about Davex.
>
>Unfortunately, Davex, and all it's support files, would not be easily sent to
>the list server.  There are extensive help and external command files, and
>things for the new user could get confusing for someone who isn't sure about
>which files are which.

{flame starts here}
Too large????   Have you ever looked at ECP8 that was uploaded to the Listserv?
It containes over 100 files.  And everyone figured that one out!!!

What do you think BLU was invented for??  It was made for putting many files
all into ONE file.  It is called ARCHIVING!  ECP8 was over 100k long and I'm
sure DAVEX isn't that long or much more?!?

So why don't you get your act together and upload it!  If it is too confusing
to use then why do you even try to sell it!

{flame ends here}

neighbor@csd4.milw.wisc.edu